Saturday, January 26, 2013

Got no feeders? No problem! catch some!


Cant feed your tarantulas just because you ran out of  feeders?
Dont worry! all you need is some fruit and "Diskarte" :)

Try catching some Fruit Fly :)
well, may sees them gross but my tarantulas love them and these fruitflly are Gutloaded! :) I let them eat some fruits before i catch them :)

Here is a simple picture of my Fly Catcher v1.0.0


I used ripe mango as bait for these flies and they just cant resist its sweet scent then the plastic to catch them. I just folded it twice to give a circular opening for flies to get trapped. Then, I just tied the plastic to the stick and leave it for a while and wait for some Fruit fly (I tied the plastic so that the fly will get used with the plastic above him/her.
Then if some flies are in below the plastic slowly, lower your plastic and trap the fly :)
Then the last thing you should do is to Break its wings. One wing will do, it can no longer fly.
Then say Bon Appétit to your Tarantula =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment